Thursday 20 September 2007

Knackered.......

I am really really really tired. I had a day off work today to put a concrete floor in our cellar.....


I know it is a really fuzzy dark photo, but I am too tired to do anything about it (like get up and walk to the cellar to take another one). Anyway, a very very nice man came with his concrete lorry with it's very long chute and dropped about 4m^3 through the window. So even though we didn't have to carry the concrete anywhere, there was an awful lot of shovelling involved. But it is a very good floor, flatter than I could have hoped (flatter than any other floor in our wonky old house) and means that we can put the wall back together (only half this room is ours, the other half belong to next door) and finally be my utility room.

This afternoon I was bushed, but managed 3 hours vegged out on the sofa, comforted by my lizard ridge blanket, adding edge to the harebell lace shawl. Nothing very interesting to say about it (the pattern is very pretty, I have made lots and lots of picots, even slip2 k3tog psso doesn't go too badly on the wonder addi turbo lace, and there are lots and lots of repeats to go).

2 comments:

Linda said...

The colours in the shawl are just right for that pattern.

YarnSnob said...

I know exactly what you mean about DIY!!! but your floor will look great.

The shawl is looking gorgeous, lots of lace patterns in the VLT, I want to knit them all!!