Monday 4 February 2008

Home again

Well, it's really really really good to be home again!


This weekend I was officially distracted from all plans by a last minute invitation to a ball (my husband looks dead sexy in a DJ) and some friends arriving for the weekend and lots and lots of white fresh powdery snow. We went cross country skiing and it was fantastic. Even the sun shone, and for scotland it wasn't that windy.




But more importantly, I have assembled all that I need to finish off the entrelac bag. It is finally felted. It took some felting, at 30 deg it just went a bit fluffy, at 40 it might have shrunk a little, but by the time I had run it through the machine at 60 a couple of times it was finally properly felted. And my towels have never seen this much washing in one day!

I have been on the internet, and ordered some leather straps, some handbag feet and a magnetic clasp. I have found a folder to massacre, and my very limited fabric stash had a yard of shot silk in a great colour that will be lovely for the lining.

I am going to do a double lining, with some cotton as well, just to give a bit of extra strenth. The folder is going to be the base and possible might make some sort of reinforceing at the top of the bag. I haven't quite figured how I am going to attach the handles, but I'm sure somthing will come to me.

I'm really looking forward to doing this over the next couple of evenings..... now that I am no longer distracted by the snow (it's melted) or diy (do you like my new hardwood flooring in the photo above?)

2 comments:

Linda said...

The snow looks gorgeous. I made a booga bag once and attached leather handles by using grommets (made the hole, fixed the metal grommet/eyelet in with the tool they give you)which worked a treat and gave a nice finish to the bag.

Tally said...

Might be some weeks ago, but this picture makes me longing for snow even more. Haven't had that lovely stuff for years - except for my 1 week spent in the Alps each year.

Thanks for your gratulation - I feel flattered :-)

Hello from Hamburg
:-Tally-: