Tuesday 8 July 2008

Reunited with my books

Two mammoth unpacking days later, I have been reunited with my all my books. They just about fit onto the shelves, and I am really enjoying sitting here looking at them and reading things I haven't seen for years. Two boxes have been put aside to be taken to a charity shop, and my spare recent stash fills the whole middle cupboard. Oops. My dear husband wasn't at all impressed with that.


Just to prove a point, I have totally tidied the sitting room. I even swept under the sofa!


This is by far the tidiest room of the house, but I am quite inspired to carry this through, so I think the dining room is going to be next.
And the sleeve is progressing in fits and starts - only another 2" to go until I have finished this one, and then I can start the next one. Then only 4" of knitting round and round the really long rows until the interesting bit!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I want your shelves, and maybe some of the books on them. But mainly the shelves.

florencemary said...

The shelves really look great! Books really make you feel at home, I think...