Tuesday 8 January 2008

Significant milestones

I seem to mostly have had mindless knitting on the needles recently. But at least one of the projects is now off the needles.

Meet the entrelac bag........

Oooo - closeup!
I have been going round and round in circles making squares for quite a while. 5 balls of kureyon's worth of round and round. I have learnt to knit backwards nearly as fast as forwards, and don't really have to think about it anymore.

Tonight the bag has been introduced to it's nemesis - the washing machine - for a little felting fun. It's in a pillow case and it's doing one cycle at 30 degrees, see how that goes and then maybe send it through again.

I am almost exited about the washing machine being finished. This is not normal so I think I am going to have to have a cup of tea to recover.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Can't wait to see the finished bag, it looks great colours.

blue hands said...

Flutter-by, I came to your blog via the funky knitting thread on the Archers message board. I actually sat and read the whole thing during the holidays and am overawed by your workrate (considering the day job, the diy, the tai chi etc). V impressed by the kilt ( I presume it was finished?). I followed your blog to some other knitting blogs and I think I may have been inspired to have a go myself. Actually photographing and recording progress on projects may help with that all-important sense of achievement and help to keep me going. If I can just think of a name for it... (I know, the daft things that stop us from making progress!)