Thursday 10 April 2008

Let's have a party in the garden!

Mostly, today I am happy because the sun is shining, the clocks have changed so the sun is still shining in the garden when I get home and it is a great day for photographing finished things!



So.... I present my garden party!

Vital statistics:

Pattern - Garden Party Shawl by Fiberdreams
Yarn - Cecilia Cobweb weight silk/cashmere blend from Posh Yarn (colourway Sweet). I used 66g of a 100g skein.
Needles - Knitpicks 3mm circulars
Modifications - I made the shawl a lot bigger then the pattern stated as mentioned in some detail here.
Finished dimensions - 34" by 70"



And other than blocking my garden party, I have been knitting the back of my holiday cardigan. I am now onto the armhole shaping so feeling as though some progress is being made. The complicated calculations are over, the combining the cables in the middle is done, and all I have to do is carry on moving the cables outwards towards the shoulders. Then all I need to do is finish the sleeves and make the armholes fit. Hmmmm.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Justine said...

Your Garden Party looks amazing! I'm so far behind, but am doing it in the same colourway as you...

You must be so pleased!

Laura said...

Oh! You got it blocked, and it's wonderful. I love how it turned out. Congratulations on getting it finished.

Linda said...

Its beautiful! I love the colour. :)

David said...

Your finished shawl is amazing! Love the colours in the daylight. Well done, Emily!