Tuesday 17 July 2007

First past the post

OK.... first post on my new blog. Any bets on how long it is going to last me?

Anyway, on to the knitting, which is probably going to be the main topic of discussion for a while. On the needles at the moment, and frantically trying to complete, is the myrtle leaf shawl from Victorian Lace Today, knitted with some lovely silk yarn from Kerrie at Hipknits.

I am loving knitting this - it is the first time I have knitted real lace, and it is very exiting. The silk yarn is treacherous though, drop one stitch and before you have blinked there is a great big run down a few rows. In the centre panel this wasnt too much bother really, I was going nice and slowly and so I only had one major whoopsie. The biggest catastrophe was that I dropped a stitch when knitting on the border round the top. And I was at least half way down the next side before I noticed and so I had to take a whole section of the border off, pick up the stitches, faff around with a tiny crochet hook trying to fix the mistake and then knit the border back. Dr Sweetpea (husband) kept trying to talk to me while this was going on and so that was rather stressful. Only a little bit more to go now though and I am there.

Pictures will follow soon.... I need to recapture the camera and take some!

Off to finish that border

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Congratulations on launching your new blog! Knitting is a wonderful topic to write about. *grin* Good luck with the lace shawl!

Unknown said...

I am full of admiration both for your blog and the wonderful shawl.

A thoughtful present which I am sure the recipient will treasure.