Wednesday 18 July 2007

Myrtle Leaf Finished and Blocking

Well........


We have a Myrtle Leaf Shawl!
















Round the corner....















Centre Panel......
















So we have a finished item, and it's huge. I really dont mind admiting that this was the catalyst for starting a blog - the knitting I think I am the most proud of.

Some Statistics:

needles - 4mm Addi Turbo Lace
yarn - Hipknits laceweight silk. Custom dyed to match my friends wedding dress. 2 skeins, with maybe only about 10m left.
pattern - Myrtle Leaf Shawl from Victorian Lace Today
alterations - I found the errata on the internet and they are very very important - there is a mistake in the chart that means the leaves dont join up! And I joined on fewer repeats of the edging along the top and bottom (doing every other attachment to 2 stitches rather than one)
cast on - 27th June
cast off - 18th July

I am super super exited about this shawl. It looks fantastic, the yarn is shiny and silky and a lovely lovely colour. The alteration to the pattern meant that a: I had enough yarn and b: the edging sits much more evenly along the top. I am going to make a lovely box at the weekend and parcel it up with nice tissue paper and then I will truely be done.

I just hope that J likes it - it is a surprise and will be presented to her next weekend at her hen do, hence the big rush. We live quite a way apart and so that is the only time I am going to see her before the big moment.

And the exitement, I got my first comment. Now that means someone is actually interested in my rambling.

The next plan......
I have 12 balls of white Jaeger Merino DK, which I am about to start swatching in the hope of making me a cardigan of some description!

8 comments:

Lothlorian said...

thats amazing, we need more piccies!!!

My Five Sons said...

Its breathtaking!!!!

Linda said...

That is such a beautiful shawl. You have to keep blogging if you are making such gorgeous things, I have subscribed to your blog on bloglines so I'll know!!!

Joanna said...

Beautiful shawl, sure she will love it, can't wait to see photo's of the big day!

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

that is fabulous:) well done

Iris G said...

I liked the black one in the book, but this one is stunning! J is such a lucky bride.

JavaNut said...

Beautiful shawl and can't believe how quickly you finished it (nothing like a deadline!).

And good luck with the blogging... I just started one recently myself.. and now I always leave comments ;)

www.javanutknits.blogspot.com

Jacqui said...

Oh yes, a photo of the big day so we can see the shawl in action! good luck to the Mrs to be (and the Mr of course) she's already a lucky lady to have a friend like you :o)