Monday 30 July 2007

Phew!

Well this weekend was the hen do and it was very very fun. There was sunshine, and champagne and walks and picnics and boats on the lake. It was great to catch up with lots of people that I really dont see often enough. And most importantly the bride loved the shawl, and it was all very lovely.

I didnt get that much done, mostly I tried to catch up on some sleep on the train rather than knitting. On the way down I was accosted by a very chatty german couple, and I am rather too rusty at german to be able to have an involved conversation and get very much knitting done at the same time. I think my next holiday abroad will have to be to germany so that I can get some practice done.

The kilt has had lots of pins stuck in it and I am going to try sewing some of the pleats this evening. I bought a thimble in honor of all this hand stitching.

No photos, because nothing has progressed enough to look interesting!

But thank you everybody who left comments - it is lovely to log on to read them al.

No comments: