Friday 20 July 2007

New Cardigan Plan

Introducing the nascent Meagaidh.......















So.... This is my plan for a cardigan to wear to the aforementioned wedding, with last summers dress of desire and a new pair of shoes.

The plan is cabled ribbing to under the bust, then stocking stitch with dramatic increases to give a sort of gathered effect rather than normal bust shaping (I am well endowed enough to always need to add bust shaping), gathered in a bit just below the neckline. All closely fitting, with maybe an inch or so of ease. I think I am going to cast on in one peice and then try to knit it all seamlessly, picking up stitches for the button band at the and making mitred corners...



I am going to call it Meagaidh (pronounced sort of like Meggie) after this photo - taken on the one of the first properly snowy scottish days this winter, from the top of a lovely hill called Craig Meagaidh. I just love it when everything up here turns white for the winter.



I have swatched and tonight I will measure. I'll also try and snatch some more photos of the Myrtle Leaf while the sun is shining - yes, sorry to all of you having flash floods in the south, but for the first time since forever it is sunny here in the north. And I am going to have to go outside to the park and enjoy it, and should be able to get a good bit of practice done for the silent flute form (tai chi) I am learning at the moment.

Anyway, time to get out and enjoy the good weather!

No comments: