Saturday 11 August 2007

Pretty Yarn in the post

I got home yesterday to find a lovely parcel in the post........


Yes - that is order from the Yarn snob. Fantastic!


I immediately set about winding the pale blue skein and swatching and hatching for harebell lace. Here is one repeat of the pattern from victorian lace......

The general plan is to have 5 repeats of the harebell pattern, with 2 of them offset by about half a repeat to try and even out the width variation (the lace varies from about 6 stitches to about 16) so that is the main challenge. My inner mathematician is thinking of all sorts of complicated ideas to make it work, but who knows.

Fortunately the husband is away and I have the whole of tomorrow (when the weather forecast is bad enough to make me want to go into hibernation) to play with it and hopefully get one pattern repeat done! I have miles and miles of stockinette to do on meagaidh for if I get brain fry.

2 comments:

YarnSnob said...

Is that my yarn knitted up??...well your yarn :) Wow, the pattern is stunning, hope you are pleased with it and thanks for the purchase and blogging about it :)

Linda said...

Brilliant yarn, thank you for the link. I like the way your lace is looking too!