Monday 13 August 2007

Racing for the finish line

Well, trust me to like the most expensive buttons in the shop..... (and decide to use 12 of them)

But I did really like them.......


The shoulder shaping worked really well though........


But the sleeves are a little bit too short so I think I am going to knit 4 repeats extra and graft it on to the bottom. At least most it fits.

On a wool shopping front, a great big pile of black merino dk arrived and is going to form the basis of the man jumper. But I don't think I am going to start that for a little while - this weekend is his birthday and we are off for the weekend (no details, it's a surprise). As it is his birthday I am going to try very very very hard not to knit anything and just spend some time chilling together.

Anyway - the yarn snob commented yesterday that she has never knitted with lace yarn. How can she bear to have all that lovely squishy merino goodness in divine colours and not be tempted to knit it? I really really encourage anyone who is too scared to have a go - a lot of patterns are only made of yarn overs and k2tog/ssk - with plain pearl on every other row. All you need is to make a swatch, read the chart carefully, count your stitches lots and always use addi lace turbo's! Be brave, it's worth it.

2 comments:

YarnSnob said...

aw..now I am embarassed lol. Its true, I have never knitted with lace and yes its also true I have been tempted to pick a skein from my shop and start on something. One day I will...promise :)

The buttons look lovely, i think it would be spoilt with any other buttons.

Have fun at the weekend :)

Linda said...

That is a nice sweater, the ruffley top is great!