Tuesday 14 August 2007

Putting off the inevitable

You know what? We are having opposite weather to most of the rest of britain at the moment. Today - lovely, pleasant, sunny with fluffy white clouds and plenty of midges. Most of the rest of Britain - raining and windy.

But one has to take advantage when you can, so I spent a couple of very lovely hours chilling out with my tai chi mates (or the Bellfield Ninjas as we like to call ourselves) doing some practice. It has become clear to be that I need to practice more. I do try, but the weather really needs to cooperate at least a little bit. That sounds like a rather pathetic excuse - what I really need to do it get my arse in gear to tidy a space big enough to practice and then just get on and do it.

Apart from that I am spending time putting things off:

  • I need to knit some extra sleeve for Meagidh, and graft them on.
  • I need to sew on the last couple of belt loops on the kilt, take it to the dry cleaners and get it pressed.
  • I badly need to get out a very old WIP fairisle hat I am making for my sister (for her birthday which isnt that long away)
  • I need to go shopping (we don't even have a tin of tomatoes for pasta sauce for dinner)
  • I need to do the ironing
  • I need to hoover the bedroom and hang out the washing
  • I could even knit lace, but that means reading off the screen because I havent got round to printing the chart.....

But instead I think I am going to hang around doing not an awful lot, catch up with the archers (bless listen again on BBC Radio 4), wait for Dr Sweetpea to cook for me after going to the corner shop for tomatoes and look at all my new yarn. I wonder if the ironing will do itself if I wait long enough?

But my sweetpeas smell divine.

No comments: